11.27.2004

My 2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STI

OK - so I recently purchased a new 2005 Subaru WRX STI and after trading in my 2002 Subaru WRX, I've been getting the itch to do a few upgrades to kick things up a notch. The first few things I plan to do are:

  1. Upgraded Exhaust System from TurboXS [STAGE 1 COMPLETE]
  2. upgrade ECU - TXS STI/FXT UTEC!!!
  3. rear perrin sway bar [from WorldOne Performance]
  4. perrin short ram intake [from WorldOne Performance]
  5. full ipod car audio integrated system (*see comments here for my rant on the current state of ipod integration with car audio head units).
  6. custom sub enclosure - can't decide if I want to go with 1 or 2 - 12" JL Audio 12W6 300 watt sub(s) powered by my Rockford Fosgate WER BD1000.1 amp). I have my old custom box that came out of my '02 WRX, but I want something a bit stealthier and not take up so much space in my trunk. [will try to post pics soon]
  7. DVD/NAV solution - I like the Kenwood Excelon DDX701
  8. MB Quart 6.5" fronts w/ separates - model QSD216
  9. Complete soundproofing of doors, trunk, floor, etc - either Dynamat or RAAMmat
  10. Rockblocker clearmat for hood, lights, etc. (see NASIOC post by Rockblocker)
OK. enough on the car thing. Time to move on. Stay tuned though.

0 comments: