12.12.2005

ramblings on web2.0 &
my essential 2.0 toolkit

Buckle your seatbelts kids.
we're on the verge of something big.
something very big. revolutionary.

think back to the early years
of the .com boom.
remember?
the glory days
of web1.0

look out, 'cause here comes 2.0. and with it, comes a huge wave of innovation that will spawn a net renaissance that will revolutionalize the world we live in. this guy thinks so. or is it just hype? here's another take.

Whatever your take on Web2.0, the reality is that you can't ignore it forever. The more I play with web2.0 sites, services, people, tools, and collective intelligence, the more excited I get. Thanks to the many many smart minds that are powering this revolution! I need to get my act in gear and jump on board.

for 2.0 newbies, web2.0 means many things to many people...

google search for web2.0
O'Reilly gets it.

there was even a conference
I think Adam gets it
google gets it
yahoo get it
there's even a web2.0 validator
they definitely get it


but. it has not made the transition to the enterprise. yet. for all those vc's that are starting to circle like buzzards, i have ideas. lots of ideas! pls seek me out, give me lots of money, and I'll build you a web2.0 company. pls. pretty pls. [might as well, after all it's the web2.0 thing to do]

Here's what I would consider to be my current arsenal of web2.0 tools and resources that I use on a fairly regular basis.

[ note - these are in no particular order. Instead of adding links to the items in my list below, please google, yahoo, askjeeves - do whatever you need to do to find these 2.0 resources. sorry I'm lazy and don't have enough free time to add em now. ]

* gmail
* firefox + extension
* soonr
* gaim
* picasa
* flickr
* shutterfly
* firefox
* del.icio.us
* craigslist
* my.yahoo
* linkedin
* orkut
* kaboodle
* skype
* bloglines
* blogger
* myweb2.0 [yahoo]
* wikipedia
* technorati
* wiki
* motomodders
* melodio
* itunes
* rhapsody
* napster

web2.0 "beta" sites from the gorillas

* next.yahoo.com
* ideas.live.com
* labs.google.com

web2.0 trends/hype:

* ajax [who'dve thunk it?]
* tagging / folksonomies
* public betas
* give it away for free
* completely open source it

ok. Enough for now. one of the drawbacks of web2.0 is that it can suck you in quickly. I've now spent over an hour on this post and I've got about 50 tabs open in Firefox. Ouch.

Until next time.

happy tagging...

firefox 1.5 users click me


ps. sorry for the target=new directives.

0 comments: