6.20.2008

Ran into Chris and Ponzi Pirillo at Fast Pitch today


guess who i ran into :)
Originally uploaded by Brian Daniel Eisenberg

I just happened to be scanning Upcoming yesterday and found an interesting event happening in West Seattle today.

See: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/660044/

Basically was a fast pitch event where entrepreneurs get 2 minutes to pitch to a panel of VC types and also get questions from the "crowd". I streamed it live on UStream (as did Chris Pirillo).

I've interacted with Chris on several occasions online, but never met him in person. Was good to finally meet him and Ponzi. Good people all around.

So the event was pretty cool. I sat next to a bunch of folks who work for Amazon and specifically for AWS. Funny how being at the right place at the right time makes all the difference.

Then I met the guy who basically was behind MTurk, who was one of the entrepreneurs who pitched to the panel/crowd.

So 1.5 hrs of time spent quite well. Got at least 3 new contacts at AMZN and also guy from MIT. I'm thinking about trying to build one of the engines I have sketched out. Already have the perfect domain. Just need time and a couple of coding ninjas to execute on this plan.

Will ponder this as I sip ice cold drinks at my sister's in Ballard, which is where I'm heading right now.

0 comments: