11.25.2006

Epic day at Mt. Baker

Here's a recap of my trip to Mt. Baker on Friday, Nov 24, 2006.

Truly one of the best "opening days" I've ever had.

Quick clip of the drive up:



Spent most of my time off Chair 6 (Sticky Wicket, Pan Dome), but also had great fun on Chairs 8 and 3. Waist-chest deep powder off piste in the glades with face shots at just about every turn.

Took a couple runs to get used to my new skis, but damn, these Elan 777s plow through just about anything and when you do get into the deep stuff, it's like floating on air. Next time I'll try to capture more video clips. Maybe give some live action shots a go. Was too good to stop though, hence the reason why I don't have too many cameraphone pics.

The Canyon or Backcountry were not open (for obvious reasons), so while I didn't really need gear bag, on days like this, it makes me feel more secure knowing that with that pack I can survive for several days in the most extreme conditions (e.g. stuck in treewell or lost off trail).

Here are a few of the cameraphone pics I took. Complete set here.





1 comments:

Unknown said...

amazing snow - looks like the middle of January! Pretty busy on the drive up too.