11.22.2006

step away from the laptop

Ok. After a gruelling 72+ hour marathon web2.0, web3.0, semantic web, w3c, socialsoftware, del.icio.us, flickr, digg.swarm, originalsignal geek out session, I MUST step away from my laptop.

I've been posting and tagging like a crazy person, but it's just too damn exciting. so many ideas spinning in my head. My head is spinning right now.

Now that I've more or less made it through my work week dousing a series of fires and firedrills that kept me up till 3am last night, I'm gearing up for great turkey, stuffing, and insanely good apple and pecan pie [see the real deal here and here] (thanks a lot to Grand Central Bakery).
========
WARNING: DEEP POWDER ALERT That's right. It's dumping in the Cascades.

I just hopped over to SkiMart this morning to pick up my new Elan 777 skis and I finally just now took the time to troll my local mountain reports:

Mt. Baker
Crystal
Steven's Pass
Alpental

OMFG. This could be "one of those weekends"!!! Reminds me of the el Nino year we had back in 1997/98 (?) when the following winter in 1998/1999 when Mt. Baker broke all records. I remember staring in awe as I watched ski patrol dig out chair 6. It's looking like this weekend could be one for the record books, so I guess now the question is which mountain do I hit up first?

Crystal?
Baker?
Stevens?
Alpental?

Ahhh. decisions. decisions.

With that, I'm going to sign off and step away from my laptop for a while. Thanks to everyone who is pushing the envelope in the latest web2.0, semantic web, social media / tagging /bookmarking / trends discussions that are funneling so many ideas into my head.

Have Safe & Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

--Brian [bdeseattle]
Seattle, WA USA

0 comments: